1. DeVotchKa | I Cried Like A Silly Boy
2. Helado Negro | Are I Here
3. The Bamboos | The Wilhelm Scream (feat. Megan Washington)
4. Slow Club | Tears Of Joy
5. Boom Clap Bachelors, Coco | Løb Stop Stå
6. Camera Obscura | New Year’s Resolution
7. St. Vincent | Strange Mercy
8. JR JR | God Only Knows
9. Kevin Morby | Motors Runnin
10. La Femme | It’s Time To Wake Up (2023)
11. Good Morning | Warned You
12. Foxygen | Coulda Been My Love
13. Dirty Beaches | Lord Knows Best
14. Kurt Vile | Baby’s Arms
Looking back at the end of every summer, all of my experiences can usually be summed up by a great soundtrack; songs I played with the windows down on the first road trip of the season, songs I fell asleep to while laying on the beach, songs that played in the background of a memorable barbecue, and songs I heard at summer concerts alongside someone special. Music has a way of merging so seamlessly with the experiences and feelings present when we first hear a certain song that it’s hard to imagine a summer without it.
So with the season of sunshine on the horizon, I’ve teamed up with West Elm to put together a playlist of some of my favorite tracks to kick off your summer playlist, with a little something for every occasion. Hop in the car, crank up the speakers, and enjoy!
♫ Listen on Spotify.